Saturday, September 25, 2010

new hat design


CHALKBOARD HATS!!
I have had this idea floating around in my head since last winter when I was sewing sewing sewing up the monster hats. I have a crazy infatuation with chalkboard paint and was making flexible placemats into chalkboards and wondered if I could cut those and sew them onto a hat base....Then, I discovered there is a thing call Chalkboard FABRIC. Be still my heart.

I tried to keep these a secret until my open house for the holidays but couldn't keep it to myself any longer. I have been playing around with how I want them to look overall, I like the rounded hats better than my usual square ones and I want to add a pocket for a stick of chalk somewhere. I'm having trouble deciding how and where to do this though because it keeps looking like a cigarette on the hat and that is just gross. (apologies to anyone who smokes but...yuck).

thought bubbles...

just noticed the "z" is backwards. i had to spell everything backwards because i used photo booth for the picture. oops.
what am i thinking? "do i love chalk" YES i do.

1 comment: